Sunday, January 17, 2016

Working and loving it!

Yesterday I spent a lot of time in the studio. I'm dyeing the fabric for a whole-cloth quilt that will go into the teacher's row at the Mid-Atlantic Quilt Festival next month. It's inspired by the work of Alma Thomas, and you can see a study for it in the Painterly Class sample picture below.
I finally got it rolled up in plastic to batch at about 6 PM yesterday, and now I'm doing everything I can to force myself to wait until 24 hours have elapsed before I start washing it out.
I also did some deconstructed screen printing - not a technique I've used a lot, but I loaded the screens with dye after the Oaks class in September. I finally released the dye; they are waiting to be washed as well. And since there's no way I'm waiting until 10 PM tonight to start the washing out, they're going to be stuck with only 20 hours of batching.
At right you can see two of the screens that are not yet fully released. Now I need more soda-soaked fabric!
Another way to fill my time will be dye a batch of solids - some fat quarters and a tee-shirt or two. They have homes already - more on that later! Thanks for looking!

0 comments: