Friday, November 11, 2005

Trying to be serious about this

Well, I've accomplished a number of things today in the 'yes, this really is a business' department:
Filed for sales tax license on-line
Decided against fictitious name registration at this point because of fees
Looked at tax implications of for-profit vs. hobby income
Printed up business cards
Set up new e-mail account for DippyDye

Also got the left hand wall of cabinets stained while hubby finished making doors for the under-sink cabinet (see pics!) With a studio like this, I'd better go pro. If not, it's going to be the greatest hobby room ever.

Got a call from the powder coating company. $70 to coat the tub and lid for the wringer washer. That's a really reasonable amount, and I've seen his work, but it does argue against the trip to the PMA craft show.

NB - find a closer craft show - Boyertown Belsnickel is Thanksgiving weekend, and supposed to be very good.

In general, the problem I've had with craft shows is that I usually can make what I see, but don't want to. Likewise I'm too cheap to buy what I see there. Now I must go with a different focus, like what would it be like to set up at this show? (PMA is a whole nother deal, with serious juried competition.)

That's 10 minutes for tonight!

Sat 7:00 AM added the pictures above. Someday there will be textiles to see!

0 comments: