Well, I have gotten some work done with vat dyes since I got back from class. Here are pictures of the results, from worst to best. A couple were started in class and at the least were soaped out here at home.
This was a reject from Barbara of MXDyers. I like it better, except the right end. A class experiment.
A 42 x 45 square of broadcloth dyed charcoal (my own recipe.) Not the results I had hoped for, but a nice piece as it is.
A boring, solid green fat quarter improved by hand stitching and a medium blue vat dye.
Cotton-silk voile – you can see through it to an 8 1/2” x 11” piece of paper in the upper left corner.
A yard of black Radiance, run through a smocking pleater and discharged and dyed in multiple vats.
Four 21” squares of broadcloth. Each was folded the same way and dyed in several vats in the same sequence. Each one is different, and I’m quite pleased with them! The set is for sale here.