Wednesday, April 06, 2011

Wrong-color quilt

I was reading Kay Sorensen's blog post on color: http://quiltspluscolor.blogspot.com/2011/04/i-have-ocd-think-color.html and had to post these pictures:


Is this wrong? I still like it. Below is  a picture of it under construction converted to black and white. That really shows how important value is!
 Kay, I do know what you're talking about, but from both sides. When I sell Tsukineko ink in the booth at shows, I always arrange them from neutrals to - browns - orange - yellow - green - blue - purple - red. Hubby is bothered that this is NOT Roy - Gee - Biv, the way he learned in science class.

1 comments:

Kay Koeper Sorensen said...

Thanks for showing what we both know Lisa.
When quilting there is no right or wrong answer.
There are many answers!
Your quilt is exuberant and lovely.